Bob
Bob, Ford Technician
Experience:  23 years @ Ford, 1997 Ford Master Technician Specializing in Engine,Transmission & Electrical Repair
50732288

1998 ford f150: air comming out of vents Ice cold...truck warms up

Heater in my 1998 ford f150 does not work. Air comming out of vents Ice cold. Heater hoes are hot after truck warms up. what am I looking for.
Submitted: 6 years ago via OnlineAutoRepair.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Bob replied 6 years ago.

Bob :

Hello, this is Bob. I will do my best to assist you.

Bob :

What engine do you have?

Bob :

If you have no heat on max heat position the blend door motor may not be working or the blend door is broken.

JACUSTOMER-amn3b7qa- :

4.6

Bob :

You will need to access the blend door motor to see if it is functioning. It is located in the dash.

JACUSTOMER-amn3b7qa- :

what is the easiest way to get access to the blend door. will ineed to pull the assembly out of yhe dash.

JACUSTOMER-amn3b7qa- :

does the blend door operate electicaly or is it vacum.

Bob :

Electrically operated.

Bob :

This is what it looks like.

Bob :

The only way to really check it out is to remove the blend door actuator motor and look at the axle to see if it turns when you turn the temp control knob from hot to cold or cold to hot. If the motor shaft turns then the blend door may be broken.

JACUSTOMER-amn3b7qa- :

Bob can it be acessed through the glove box. will i have to remove the dash to get to the area you are showing me.

Bob :

Here is a link to a video that show where the blend door motor is located http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yh5m9HCMmlc

Bob :

The video show a repair procedure. A this point you just want to find out if the motor or the blend door is the problem.

JACUSTOMER-amn3b7qa- :

thanks

Bob :

Your welcome!

Bob :

If you need more assistance please reply back. If you are satisfied with my assistance please click the Accept Answer button. Thank you.

Bob :

You may have been charged but the only way I get paid is if you click the Accept Answer button. Thank you.