Fordanswerman, Ford Motor Company Certified Tech
Experience:  Ford Engine Master/Transmission Master/Chassis Master=Ford Senior Master also Diesel 7.3/6.0

Ford F250 Pickup My 02 f250 blower motor works on the 3rd

My 02 f250 blower motor works on the 3rd and 4th position, but not on the 1st or 2nd. This can be frustrating (and noisy) when you only need a little air flow in the cabin. Is this just a matter of replacing the blower motor?

Thanks for the question.

It actually sounds like a bad blower resistor that is located under the hood on passengers side near the blower motor. Replace the resistor and retest.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but the truck was at my mother's house and I didn't get there until just today. Replaced the blower resistor and that seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the help!

You are very welcome.

Come back anytime!!