Pavlin Koev
Pavlin Koev, CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN
Experience:  17 YEARS HANDS ON EXPERIENCE, TRUCK&COACH TECHNICIAN LICENCE
41577536

Skipping..getting stuck..slow down..i come to complete stop

Customer Question

my truck is like skipping when i drive likeit keeps getting stuck when on gas or brake, difficult to slow down and turn but if i come to complete stop and turn it doesnt do that
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pavlin Koev replied 6 years ago.

Pavlin Koev :

Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your vehicle trouble.

Pavlin Koev :

is check engine light on? have you replaced spark plugs and wires lately/ air filter as well.

Pavlin Koev :

What size engine?, thank you!

JACUSTOMER-a9mfp9k8- :

check engine light has been on for 2 years and no have not had tune up in awhile. it hasnt been driving that well for awhile but what is weird is it just started doing this with the shaking and skipping and making like grinding metal noise after i had tire replaced because i had a flat. i think engine is v6?

JACUSTOMER-a9mfp9k8- :

when check engine light went on 2 yrs ago they said it was o2 sensor? and tune up so i had that done and light came right back on. then the car used to stall on me sometimes when at a red light with foot on brake but if i put car in park it wouldnt do it as much, tehy ccouldnt figure it out but now it hasnt done that in long time.

Pavlin Koev :

check engine light warns you of engine problems, there are many sensors that supply information to engine computer so computer can se the best fuel air mixuture for best performance power and fuel economy. if you keep light on problems may be acuumolating and you will not know. for you light is alway on, but there are new troubles. the way you are explaning the situation, it sounds that engine misfire is occuring. Best thing to do is scan the vehicle computer and get back to me with codes. then we go and fix the car.

JACUSTOMER-a9mfp9k8- :

is it worth it to fix or will things just keep going wrong, usually that is what happens, is it safe to drive it like that and why do you think it got really bad after the tire was changed, that doesnt have anything to do with it right? i will get the codes how should i do that go to place and have them check it?

Pavlin Koev :

If you maintain it , problems will not pile-up. About tire problem inspect if it is tightened properlynot left loose) and check if backing plate is not touching the brake rotor-verry coomon after worked was performed. after you scan send the codes and we will put you car in good condition.