Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech
11409661

Ford F550 What Diagnostic Scan Tool do you recommend for a

Customer Question

What Diagnostic Scan Tool do you recommend for a Ford F550 Trucks, V8, 6L? And for International Trucks 4300 DT 466
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 6 years ago.
What do you want to do with it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

We have sold some used utility F550 trucks 2003,2004 & 2005 in the past to our customer overseas and now some of them are having engine troubles. They asked us if we can find a diagnostic scan tool that can locate these problems so they can order the correct parts and fix these.

Expert:  Ray M. replied 6 years ago.
There are a number of good scan tools out there.We use the SnapOn "SOLUS" in our shop,we bought this one for its easy off use and great technical support.And with the correct software and cables will work with the superduty and the IHC DT series trucks.

Edited by Diesel Doc on 1/4/2011 at 11:24 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

And where can we get the software for the Ford and International Trucks? Very important as mentioned on our request for F550 and 4300 DT trucks since our customer is overseas.

I had checked with Snap-On Tool before but they could not help us. The company where we purchased these trucks 2 years ago mentioned Snap On "Modis" but that was for medium dusty trucks. Ford is saying to use a VCM and Toolsource.com used to carry the OTC-SPX Portable Diagnostic Software PDS Advanced Scan Tool Kit but does not sell this tool anymore since November 2010. And via the internet I came to this company where you could ask questions. If you have good experience with this Snap-On "SOLUS" I will get in touch with them again and see what they say. All I want is to purchase the correct Scan Tool for my customer. Thank you!

Expert:  Ray M. replied 6 years ago.
We have had good luck with the Snap On tool and have the software that will do all Fords and domestic as well as medium/heavy duty trucks as well as all imports. Snap On can supply all the neccesary cables and software.