A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

Ford Explorer Sport do you have a diagram for a 1999 ford

Customer Question

do you have a diagram for a 1999 ford explorer sport slave clutch assembly in the bell housing for the purpose of bleeding the clutch system?
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.I will try my best to help you with your question.

The best way to bleed the system is to remove the cap and the inside rubber boot of the clutch master cylinder and fill the clutch master cylinder with fluid. Then pump the clutch pedal up and down by hand 10 to 20 times and let the vehicle sit for 10 minutes. This will allow the air to rise up through the clutch master cylinder. Do this with the engine off.

Then after 10 minutes, pump the pedal up and down 20 more times ending in the up position and wait anther 10 minutes. You will have to do this at least 5 to 6 times. If the pedal is still soft. Have some one sit in the truck and press down on the clutch pedal and loosen the bleeder screw on the clutch slave cylinder like you are bleeding the brakes. then close the bleeder off and let the clutch pedal up. The pump the pedal 10 to 20 times.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need a diagram showing me where the slave clutch bleeder valve is located on the vehicle. I have pumped the pedal as stated but can't seem to get the air out of the line. I need to bleed the line but can't locate the bleeder valve.

Thanks

The bleeder is located on the drivers side of the transmission where the line from the clutch master cylinder connects to the transmission.
Experience: ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the information. I also had to lift the front end of the car up so that the master cylinder would have a way of release any trapped air in it. After I did this and after a few minutes of pumping the clutch it began to give up what was trapped inside.

Thanks

You are very welcome. Glad I could assist you with your clutch slave cylinder and line concern.