Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

2008 Ford Edge, windshield washer does not work.

i have a ford edge and for the past month our water does not come out of the washer we were wondering what could be the problem we thought maybe it was froze its a 2008 ford edge
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 3 years ago.

Steve W :

Hello my name isXXXXX it is possible the washer nozzle may be broken or disconnected, open hood and have someone turn on the washers and see if there is a leak somewhere, if there is no leak the nozzle may be plugged, and replacement will be necessary. Any more questions just ask, Thanks Steve W

Customer:

is it hard to replace the nozzle

Customer:

if you push on the washer fluid should you here some motor run also the water does not come out the rear window either we dont here nothing when we try to get the water out

Steve W :

Yes you should hear the washer pump run when pushed, you may have a bad pump, the washer solvent isn't frozen is it?

Customer:

it was can you tell me were the pump is

Steve W :

Ok let me see if I can find a picture, the pump is in the tank or resivoir.

Steve W :

Do you need a wiring diagram too?

Customer:

yes

Steve W :

Ok

Customer:

is the pump on the inside of the resivoir or the outside

Steve W :

Outside

Customer:

thank you for your help and have a wonderful and safe new year

Steve W :

Happy New Year!!

Steve W :

Thank you!

Customer:

would be there be a fuse that would kick out for the pump

Steve W :

Let me look

Steve W :

There is number 45 and number 58 fuse that could possibly be bad, but it looks like if either one of those are bad, the wipers wouldn't work.

Customer:

ok thanks the both work thanks again for your help

Steve W :

No problem, you need anything else, just reply to this thread.

Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience: 28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.