Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Ford taurs my 2008 Ford Taurus odometer LEDs are now out.

my 2008 Ford Taurus' odometer LED's are now out. several of the other instrument lights are out... when I lightly tap on the dasboard glass, they come back on. What is wrong and how do I get my odometer lights to come back on?

Help? the car is only two years old (140K miles).

Paul in Ohio
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Your mechanic is most likely correct as this is a known issues with this cluster, that being said it could also be just a loose connection at the cluster and would be the first place to start. I would remove the cluster and have a look at the connectors at the back of the cluster to be sure. I can send you the instructions if you wish.
Here is the cluster removal instructions. Let me know if you need more information.