Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2001 Ford expedition: 5.4 Heater not hot..Blower works fine, A/C works

Customer Question

2001 Ford Expedition 5.4 Heater not hot. Blower works fine, A/C works fine. Themostat changed. Was able to get only one of the heater hoses off flushed (with water hose) from that hose unitl water pushed back thru engine. Cut hole in plentum box to view blended door, it works properly. Felt heater core it's not warm. Can not fine a heater control valve nor could two different parts store employees. Was told that it may not have one. Is that correct? If so what could other possible problems be?.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Your 2001 dosnt have a heater control valve . Are both hoses getting hot at the firewall?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I believe both are hot.
Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.

If both are getting hot and the bleand door is working correctely then you should have heat. I would start with rechecking both hoses at the firewall while the engine is running and up to normal opertating temp. They need to be to hot to touch, I suspect they are not, let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok I will go run the car to get it hot and check again.
Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
PLease do and let me know, I am here.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok one hose is hotter than the other.

Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
Then you have a flow issue, eaither trapped air or a restricted core. I would start with bleeding the system once more.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Should I try to bleed it with only one hose off like I did before and let it push thru the engine or do i really need to get both hoses loose?
Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
NO , if its trapped air , its most likely in the heater core. Leave both hoses on and follow Fords procedure.But make sure the heater core is not restricted.