Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness

Ford F150 CW My Ford F150 will not go in to gear. The shifter

Customer Question

My Ford F150 will not go in to gear. The shifter moves but nothing happens in any gear, it seems to be running fine, but the shifter does not work.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim West replied 5 years ago.

Tim West :

Thanks for visiting Just answer, is this an Auto or manual, also what engine size?

JACUSTOMER-p2xh91mv- :

manual V8

Tim West :

This sounds like a problem with a shift cable my resources aren't available right now to show you what to look for so I will need to opt out so another expert can better help you. sorry to waste your time, just hang tight.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 years ago.

Please include the year,make,model,submodel,engine,2wd,4wd,awd,flex,gas,diesel. Please click accept when done, thank's and come back often.

Refer to the following diagrams and check the movement of the shift lever.

Selector Lever Cable
Floor Shift

Column Shift

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ford 150 trition lariat V8 king cab 2004
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 years ago.

Sorry, them diagrams do appear to be for an automatic.

I'll opt out cause the only part of my manual that refers to the manual transmission is removing the transmission and only this one diagram.

Expert:  Ted G. replied 5 years ago.
When you move the shifter does it feel normal or is it kind of loose or overly easy to move back and forth/forward and back? Does the clutch feel normal?