George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years

93 ford ranger 2.3L cam with a 2.3L mustang cam

is it possible to interchange a 93 ford ranger 2.3L cam with a 2.3L mustang cam?

Hello I will help you with your question,

The part numbers are the same for both camshafts so there should be problem with swapping

Let me know what further questions you have about this

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok you said there should be problem with swapping? or did you mean there shouldnt be a problem and if it is possible how much could a cam from a 2.3l mustang run me for price?

I am sorry I fumble fingered that one,

The should NOT be a problem with swapping the cams.

The price for an OEM cam is listed at 274.44 but you should go with an aftermarket cam such as from this source

Click here

You can order for your Ranger if you like or go the Mustang route

What is the problem with your present cam?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am currently trying to "beef" up my ranger to high performance running for just pure fun...i just want to see what i can get it to top out at and have it as a fun little grocery getter

OK start at the link I posted and this link as well, they will give you a starting point. If you want more than a replacement cam you want to install a roller cam which requires push rods and roller lifters. The first link has a kit for $360 and you will need your machine work and rebuild kit on top of that

The next link is below

Click here

You should have a lot of ideas and be able to put together a game plan with this starting point.

Let me know how I can help

Thank you