Pavlin Koev
Pavlin Koev, CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN
Experience:  17 YEARS HANDS ON EXPERIENCE, TRUCK&COACH TECHNICIAN LICENCE

Ford Escape XLT After changing the battery in my Ford escape,

After changing the battery in my Ford escape, my radio; door locks and interior lights do not
work. is there a reset that Im missing? All the fuses were checked and appear to be functional. Can you advise please.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pavlin Koev replied 3 years ago.

Pavlin Koev :

Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your vehicle trouble.

Customer :

thanks I need it lol

Pavlin Koev :

can you check if you have power to fuses 8 12 14 in instrument panel fuse box?

Pavlin Koev :

I hope we will solve it

Customer :

where is that located...I'll send my husband out to check

Pavlin Koev :

if you do not have power(use test light to check)

Customer :

I have no interior lights... head lights work it is only the interior lights radio & the ding ding thingy when you leave your keys in the ignition

Customer :

oh yea power locks dont work but the power windows do

Pavlin Koev :

is it 2.0L or 3L engine

Customer :

not sure

Customer :

lol you are asking the tough ones now I believe its 3l

Pavlin Koev :

ok just a minute please

Customer :

ok

Pavlin Koev :

It has to be on the left side under dash instrument panel

Customer :

ok is this panel next to the e brake release

Pavlin Koev :

yes

Customer :

all righty then Ill have my husband go out & check these ... you arent going to disappear are you?

Pavlin Koev :

no

Customer :

thanks all he is doing is checking theses 3 fuses right 8-12-714 RIGHT

Customer :

the third one is not

Customer :

be right back

Customer :

Im back the only problem is that it is dark and I cannot tell which one is 8 or 12 or 14

Pavlin Koev :

just a minute

Customer :

ok

Pavlin Koev :

Click HERE to SEE

Customer :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX this out & hopefully it will solve my issue. if not I can get back in contact with you right?

Pavlin Koev :

Fuse #8 -10A is for GEM general electronic module responsible for lights and ddor locks

Pavlin Koev :

Fuse #12 -5A is for the radio

Pavlin Koev :

Fuse# XXXXX for cigarete lighter outlet.

Customer :

the cigarette lighter works

Pavlin Koev :

they are all supplied from accessory relay.

Customer :

ahh

Customer :

with doing the above and all goes well ... then the key locks should work as well correct

Pavlin Koev :

If power is good then it is GEM module creating the problem, will send you description in a minute

Customer :

thanks I appreciate iy

Customer :

it

Pavlin Koev :

Full Size Image

Customer :

Yea its strange some of those features work & the others dont..I I'll need daylight to pull the out to double check. Anything else you have to offer before I go on this journey LOL?

Customer :

You have be extremely helpful, more than you know I really appreciate you taking your Friday night to provide answers to this issue for me.

Pavlin Koev :

GEM modules are known for trouble, you can try to disconnect battery one more time to clear the memory, if it does not help diagnostics has to be performed.

Pavlin Koev :

It is getting late, I will go now, and wish you all the best and Merry X-mass to you and Familly!

Customer :

I just have one more question....I have issues w and F 150 similar to my escape will you be available tomorrow night?

Pavlin Koev :

yes, I will be On- Line

Customer :

Thanks I will pick up with you then. Again thanks for your help. Have a safe & happy holiday.

Pavlin Koev :

You are Welcome!

Pavlin Koev :

I you are Happy with my performance please accept my answer, otherwise I will not be credited, Thank you

Customer :

I apologize I thought for sure I hit the accept button. Unfortunately the information you provided didn't work. But I do firmly believe you deserve to be paid for the time you took. So I will once again push the accept button & hopefully it will work.

Customer :

Have a safe & joyful holiday season.

Pavlin Koev, CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN
Experience: 17 YEARS HANDS ON EXPERIENCE, TRUCK&COACH TECHNICIAN LICENCE