Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
8633277

2002 Ford Taurus: Left rear brake /turn signal light out

2002 Ford Taurus. Left rear brake /turn signal light out. Front works but blinks fast. Changed the bulb but still does not work. What could it be?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.

Hi JACUSTOMER-ezaj9h5j-.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The most common cause of the problem you are having is a defective multi function switch, if you need I can send test procedures as well as replacement instructions.

If you need more help let me know, otherwise If the answer has been helpful then Please don't forget to click on the ACCEPT button, so that I may get credit for my work, thanks.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Edited by Shawn on 12/6/2010 at 5:47 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Than you. Please do send test procedures as well as replacement instructions as offered.
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
Hi JACUSTOMER-ezaj9h5j-.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The test procedures and replacement instructions are below (just click on the links below), hope this helps you out.

Multifunction Switch Replacement Instructions Click Here

ONE TURN SIGNAL/HAZARD LAMP IS NEVER ON
CONDITIONS DETAILS/RESULTS/ACTIONS
P1 CHECK SUPPLY VOLTAGE TO THE BULB SOCKET

Turn the multifunction switch in the turn position to activate the inoperative lamp.
Measure the voltage between the inoperative lamp circuit, and ground as follows:
    Lamp Connector circuit
    LF C1023 2 (WH/LB)
    RF C1043 2 (WH/LB)
    LR (sedan) C412 5 (OG/LB)
    RR (sedan) C415 5 (OG/LB)
    LR (wagon) C413 9 (LG/OG)
    RR (wagon) C416 5 (OG/LB)

• Does the voltage modulate between less than 1 volt and 10 volts or greater?
Yes
REPAIR circuit 57 (BK). TEST the system for normal operation.

No
GO to P2.
P2 CHECK THE MULTIFUNCTION SWITCH
Carry out the multifunction switch component test.

Refer to Wiring Diagrams Cell 149 for component testing.

• Is the multifunction switch OK?
Yes
If the LF lamp, REPAIR circuits 2 (WH/LB) and 3 (LG/WH). TEST the system for normal operation.

If the RF lamp, REPAIR circuit 2 (WH/LB). TEST the system for normal operation.

If the LR lamp, (sedan) REPAIR circuits 5 (OG/LB) and 9 (LG/OG). TEST the system for normal operation.

If the RR lamp, (sedan) REPAIR circuit 5 (OG/LB). TEST the system for normal operation.

If the LR lamp, (wagon) REPAIR circuit 9 (LG/OG). TEST the system for normal operation.

If the RR lamp, (wagon) REPAIR circuit 5 (OG/LB). TEST the system for normal operation.

No
INSTALL new multifunction switch;

Edited by Shawn on 12/6/2010 at 6:04 PM EST
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
Hi JACUSTOMER-ezaj9h5j-.

Below are the additional test procedures.

Please keep in mind Just Answer is set up on an honor system.

graphic
graphic

Edited by Shawn on 12/6/2010 at 6:21 PM EST