Ford expert
Ford expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs,experience shop owner,

Ford escape 2008 ford escape wont start, lights and radio

2008 ford escape won't start, lights and radio won't work, key fob won't unlock doors. How do i reset anti theft system?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ford expert replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to just I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.

Well if the lights and the radio to not work we need to look and see where we're losing power to begin with ,Checked to be sure the batteries fully charged and the cables are clean and tight where they attach to the battery and also where they attach to the Engine . This can also be caused by a faulty ground to the transmission control module using a scan tool tell me if you have communication both the PC M power control module and the TCM transmission control module

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Attempted to jumpstart vehicle but didn't help. No power. This happened once before. Tow truck driver popped a small cover open that was about one cm. square located next to the gear shift and reset something. How do I do this?

That is not a reset that is a shift interlock override in order to put the car into neutral ,If you look in your owner's manual you'll see you remove the little cover then to press a button under the cover and this will allow you to shift the vehicle that would be a good idea to shift it out of part through the gears and back into park in case we have a faulty transmission range switch which is not allowing the car to start