Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
8633277

Ford F150 Lariat my 98 f150 hood wont relatch; i suspect

my '98 f150 hood won't relatch; i suspect there is a spring that broke which pulls the locking mechanism to allow the hood to engage the latch mechanism. the cable attached to the release inside the cab is loose which leads me to believe this secondary spring is broken plus when i crane my neck to look at the latch, i believe I see the remenant of the spring.

does this make sense and will i be able to access the mechanism without disassembling the entire grill? it's freezin up here in chicago and i'm hoping to buy a replacement spring at the hardware store...thanks. XXXXX XXXXX

Hi JACUSTOMER-pq8g8a6w-.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The most common cause of the problem you are having is a with the hood latch itself, if you need I can send replacement instructions.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
does the instruction include photographs on the disassembly / reassembly? if detailled photographic information is included, it is worth $15

Hi JACUSTOMER-pq8g8a6w-.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Yes the instructions include diagrams, I am sending you replacement instructions below in pdf format, (click on the link below) If you need more help let me know, otherwise If the answer has been helpful then Please don't forget to click on the ACCEPT button, so that I may get credit for my work, thanks.

Latch-Hood Replacement Instructions Click Here