Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

2001 Ford: V6..My check engine light came on again yesterday

I have a 2001 Ford Range V6, 3.0 engine truck. I recently put in a new camshaft position sensor. My check engine light came on again yesterday and when I took to be checked, they told me it was my camshaft position sensor again. I told them I just put in a new one and they stated that there are 2 camshaft position sensors. Is this true and if so where are they both located on my truck.
Thank you,

Did you still need help?

Are you just wondering if you have two camshaft position sensor? Is that correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is this a flex fuel engine?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't know what a flex fuel engine is.
IF you do not know, chances are you do not have a flex fuel engine. You would know it if you did.

Do you know what your camshaft position sensor looks like?

Do it have a two or a three pin connector?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
not sure to both questions. Any place I can look on my truck to check?
There are two types of CMP sensors: the three pin connector Hall-effect type sensor (Figure 22) and the two pin connector variable reluctance sensor (Figure 23).

Chances are you are going to have the second one. According to the wiring diagrams for your vehicle, it is the two wire sensor.

Here are the wiring diagrams of your camshaft position sensor.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So, does this mean I have 2 camshaft sensors or 1?
NO... I am just saying that there is two types of camshaft position sensors that ford uses on this engine. You will just have one of them... not both.