Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Crown: hood release..(under dash) cable sucked into case, how can i

04 crown vic hood release broke (under dash) cable sucked into case, how can i open the hood?

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

You are going to need to try and get to the cable under the dash so you can pull it with vice grips, if you cant get to the inner cable then the work to get the hood open has to occur out at the hood latch. You need to try and go through the grille and remove the latch mounting bolts. Try to go through the holes i n the grille or from under and behind the bumper. In some cases the only way to gain access is to cut a section of the grille out and then replace or repair it later.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The cable is sucked into the plastic housing(under the dash i have unbolted it) if I break it open can I get at the cable
If you can get the outer sheath off the cable then yes you can get to the inner braided wire to pull it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is easer to break open plastic case It would have tobe replaced any how. got in thanks
Good job