2003 ford taurus: speedometer lights..checked fuses..appear ok.

2003 ford taurus the speedometer lights do not work. checked fuses 15, 16 & 17. All appear ok. All other inside lights work on panel, ex temp control, radio, cruse control etc.
hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX the only lights that do NOT woirk is the speedo lights?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
lights on panel that include speedometer, gas gage and RPM gage
ok, then you have a few bad bulbs in the instrument cluster, you will need to remove the cluster and replace the bulbs, there are several on the back of the cluster, find the ones that are blown, usually black in color when removed, and replace these,Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Can I see these bulbs by laying on floorboard and look behind the panel or do I have to have the whole dash removed?

No, the cluster will need to be removed to access these, but not the whole dash, just the cluster, where the gauges and speed are,Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you please describe what I am looking for and location in prespective to steering column. I really appreciate the help.
in the dash, where the gauges are and the speedo is the cluster, i will post the proceedure for removal below,Tim

1. Adjust the steering column to the full tilt-down position.
  2. Remove the instrument panel center finish panel.
  3. Remove the headlamp switch.

1. Remove the instrument cluster finish panel.
1Remove the screws.
2Remove the instrument cluster finish panel.
  • Disconnect the electrical connectors.

NOTE: If equipped with a steering column selector lever, position the lever in the 1 position.

1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

the picture did not come through, i will post it seperately below,Tim
Removal and Installation

1. Disconnect the battery.
  2. Remove the instrument cluster finish panel.
  3. Remove the shifter selector cable, if equipped with column shift.

1. Remove the instrument cluster screws.
    • Disconnect the electrical connectors.
  1. Remove the instrument cluster.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Tim, not for sure if you are still there yet my son tells me that there has been occasions where he could be driving around for a couple hours and the lights would come on. Not all the time. Should I maybe replace fuses first just in case I have a bad one?

if the lights come on occasionally, then it isnt going to be a fuse or a bulb, neither will be intermittent, i suspect the base where the bulb mounts may be losing connection, remove the bulbs and clean the base where they connect, but a fuse wont come and go like this,Tim