chris
chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience
9504203

Ford: doors..wont open..e clip came off the locking mechanism rod

ford e250 1996 cargo van cargo doors wont open..

e clip came off the locking mechanism rod replaced with a e6 clip and put license holder back on. was working ok.. then tried to use key to lock now cant open again.. not sure what all to replace.

Hi there

This unit has had many problems with the outside handle on the rear cargo doors .. witch can only be replaced with the whole rear license plate assembly,, what would happen is ware the cable hooks to the outside handle ,, its arm will get loose and you can not open it from the outside ,, so if you can open the door from the inside but not the outside ,, then I would replace the whole license plate holder assembly witch will come with the a new outside handle mech ,,see view a in pic below

graphic

any more info , just ask , we can go back and forth on this page

Chris

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So if I order the entire assemble does it include the cables with the assembly as well as the down rod for the lock.. Is the replacement unit better designed or will it continue to be a problem. Do you know the exact part number I need to ask for??

the new unit does not come with any cables or rods ,, the new has been updated and will last longer then the old one ,,, just ask for the rear license plate holder assembly, and that will be the correct part ..

Chris

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So do the cables and rods need replaced also

no cables , no rods,,, just the license plate holder ..the bad parts are on the license plate holder

Chris

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

If you can provide the exact part number and name of the part I need to order I can get you paid..

thanks

OK ,,, give me 10 min

Chris

Ok

Part price $130

Part number - 6C2Z-15434A20-AA

Part desricption -- back door handle and housing

Chris