Bamaman39, Ford Technician
Experience:  10 years ford experience, Ford Senior Master Diesel And Gasoline Tech

Ford Escape On my 2006 Ford Escape, I have a oil leak coming

Customer Question

On my 2006 Ford Escape, I have a oil leak coming from between the part that's connected on top of the oil housing unit. From my understanding the part is call a oil cooling filter. I changed the oil housing unit and gasket and I still have a problem.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 5 years ago.

Bamaman39 :

Thank you for using just answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will assist you today.

Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 5 years ago.

On this picture which numbers did you replace.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you need additional information. It Leaks when we start the car up. That is when the leak is most noticible. The leak appears to be coming from the oil filter housing unit. It has 2 hoses connected to it.
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 5 years ago.
Ok i just want to make sure thats why i sent you the picture. The part that has the hoses is the oil cooler. Its labeled #10 on the picture. If you have replace the oil filter housing and gasket but it still leaks then you need to replace the oil cooler and bolt. To make sure its not a hose thats going to the cooler take it off and inspect
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you that answered my question.. i wanted to make sure i was headed in the right direction. Thanks for your help..
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 5 years ago.
Hey no problem. Thank you for the accept