Steve
Steve, Ford Technician
Experience:  25 years working for Ford dealer. Ford Master tech.
43460220

2004 Ford F250: torque..shift..all 9 bolts from the pump

How do you remove the front transmission pump from a 2004 Ford F250 torque shift transmission. I have removed all 9 bolts from the pump and still cannot remove the cover. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Scott M.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.

Steve :

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question

Steve :

hi

Customer:

Hello. I am Scott. I am trying to remove the front pump from a torque shift transmission. I have removed the 9 bolts and still cannot remove the pump. Can you assist me? Thank you.

Steve :

click here

Steve :

click on the blue link

Steve :

print or save to your computer

Steve :

any questions?

Customer:

Yes. Shouldn't the pump just slide out after removing the 9 bolts? There doesn't seem to be anything else holding it in place except for the gasket.

Customer:

Correction: Not "gasket" - squared O ring

Steve :

need to remove the seal and the clip after the front seal

Steve :

and if still will not come out use a slide hammer

Steve :

It will be in tight from the outside o rings

Customer:

We've removed the front seal. How do you now remove the clip?

Steve :

usually I use a slide hammer

Customer:

Can you send an detailed image?

Steve :

to remove the front pump not the clip

Steve :

the clip use a small screwdriver

Steve :

ok hang on

Steve :

after that use a slide hammer the outside seals hold it on tight

Customer:

Is it a 3C3P pump?

Steve :

talking about the basic part #? or the pump style

Customer:

Part #

Customer:

Please wait. Discussing.

Steve :

did you look at the print out or directions I gave you?

Customer:

Casting # XXXXX - Type casting Pump Body code 3C39

Customer:

oops. 3C3P

Steve :

ok found a great picture on hoe to remove the front pump

Steve :

do not worry about removing the clip just use the slide hammer set up and it will come out

Steve :

see the pics?

Customer:

Picture won't open.

Customer:

Just have an X in the corner

Steve :

ill try again

Customer:

Are you able to email it? May be able to open on phone

Steve :

can you see the two pics I just sent?

Steve :

use the special slide hammer need two of them part # XXXXX

Steve :

no i cant

Customer:

Got it. This makes sense because I saw the two holes for the tool. Now, are there any clips or anything else that would be keeping the pump from sliding out once use the slider tool?

Steve :

Ill send it in a pdf formate

Customer:

We have it already. THanks.

Steve :

no just remove the bolts and use the slide hammer

Steve :

it will all come out the sungear may also come out with it but that is normal

Customer:

What is a "sungear"?

Steve :

NOTE: The No. 1 pump thrust washer and the No. 2A overdrive sun gear thrust bearing may stay with the pump.

Steve :

It is behind the pump

Steve :

dont worry about just reassemble when going back together

Steve :

Remove the No. 1 pump thrust washer.

1. Remove the No. 1 pump thrust washer.

1. Remove the No. 2A overdrive sun gear thrust bearing.

1. Remove the pump gasket and discard.

Customer:

I'm replacing a spring behind the pump for a shift kit

Steve :

make sure you replace the seals and gaskets when going back together or it may leak

Customer:

Shaft and pump seals - just those two; correct?

Steve :

and the seal on the outside of the pump

Steve :

2 of them

Customer:

Right. The shaft O-ring; correct?

Steve :

yes

Steve :

look at the fist blue link above shows the springs you want to replace and the seals

Customer:

Okay. Thank you for all of your help. Think we've got it. Have a good night. Thanks.

Steve :

please leave a positive feedback thanks

Customer:

Will do. Refer to Steve ? 962??

Steve :

please hit the green accept button that I may get credit thanks

Steve :

yes

Steve :

should come up after you hit the green accept button

Steve :

have a great evening

Customer:

Will do. Anything else? Once I hit that, does it automatically -- okay. Got that last part. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX helping these guys get through this without my [Jane] strangling
Scotty!!

Steve :

your welcome

Steve, Ford Technician
Experience: 25 years working for Ford dealer. Ford Master tech.