Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Ford Ford F150 I smell antifreeze coming into the cab of my

I smell antifreeze coming into the cab of my 97 ford f150. I had the heater core pressure tested and the gentleman said that it was ok. He did not know what was causing the smell. Could the pressure test give a false reading? What could be the problem. Any help will be appreciated.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Yes the pressure test can give a false reading if the heater core is in the early stages of starting to leak which is very common. The leaks start out very slow and usually you only smell the coolant. If there are no other external coolant leaks, its a pretty safe bet you are going to need a heater core.