Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
8633277

Ford Truck F150 1/2 Ton - Pickup 1999 ford f150 No heat from

1999 ford f150 No heat from heater core, checked heater core, excellent water flow between the two hose. ( back flushed) back flushed entiror system. checked the blend door, it is not broke it works fine, all controls work. replaced thermostat, replaced fan clutch, replaced serpentine belt, suction filled the antifreez 50/50. temp on top hose 134, temp on bottom hose 156. temp on heater hose in 104, temp on heater hose out 87-92. temp control guage reads normal.
HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The most common cause of the problem you are having is a plugged or restricted heater core, no matter how many times you flush or backflush the calcium build up inside is impossible to get rid of. The inlet and outlet hoses should be equally Hot (Very Hot), Also if the system was not bled properly the same thing can occur, you will get different temp readings at the Heater Core, and very poor heat as well.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can you tell me how much presure this system should have on it, when i losen the cap after it warms up it seem like there is very little ? when we siphin bled the sysem we could only get 10-20 lb of pressure. is there a better way to bled the system? water flows though heater core very good. always has,

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. 10-20 lbs is normal, based on your description the most common cause is the Heater Core itself there is too much heat loss between the two hoses.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank-you for your patiance, I just finished replacing heater core and radiator and still I have no heat! this is getting very expensive and fustrating can you help me form here?
HiCustomer

You are welcome, next thing we need to do is properly bleed the system of air, most likely there is an air pocket trapped in the system, very common. If both Heater Hoses are Very Hot and equal Temp, then only other possibility is the blend door actuator.

Also try raing the vehicle while running and filling, so the fill point is the highest point on the vehicle, that will also help the air to escape.

Cooling System Draining, Filling and Bleeding Procedures Click Here

SYMPTOM CHART
Condition Possible Sources

• Insufficient, erratic, or no heat
  • Low engine coolant level.
  • Engine overheating.
  • Plugged or partially plugged heater core.
  • Temperature blend door binding/stuck.
  • A/C electronic blend door actuator.

Edited by Shawn on 11/18/2010 at 12:37 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The blend door is working fine it is not broke and the foam is like new I can move it back and forth manualy and by the acturator. is it possible the water pump impler might be bad? I have a normal reading on the guage. but thats the only thing I havint replaced yet? is there a thermal coupler in this sytem?

HiCustomer

Thank you for the reply, no not the blend door, the blend door actuator (very common failure). It could be very possible, that the water pump is not doing the job as well. No thermal coupler.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the water pump was the problem.
You've got heat now.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes thank-you for your time, implers worn bad, one almost gone. thanks again
Wow, makes sense, thanks again.