John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

The power drivers seat in my 2003 ford expedition is not working

the power drivers seat in my 2003 ford expedition is not working
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Mc replied 6 years ago.

John Mc :

Hi, I am John Mc, a Ford dealer tech. I hope I can help you quickly and accurately. One moment while I work on your problem.

John Mc :

I need you to get in the truck, turn the key to the on position but leave the engine off. Now turn on the interior lights and see if the lights dim at all when you use the switch to move the seat. If the lights dim at all then the switch is working and you will need to replace the power seat motors. If not you either have a bad switch or something has come disconnected under the seat. This is a quick and easy check but don't expect the lights to dim too much, they just dim a little so if you see any change in the lights the switch is working.

John Mc :

If this answer has been helpful to you please help me by accepting. This is how I receive credit for helping you today!

Also if you need further assistance for this problem after accepting feel free to ask a
follow up and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks,
John Mc

Customer:

the lights did not dim. The memory switch and the power mirrors aren't working either.

Customer:

I think it may be the memory seat module. WOuld that make sense? If so, do you know where it is located in the truck?

John Mc :

You said the power mirrors don't work. Does this truck also have memory mirrors or just power mirrors.

Customer:

memory mirrors

Customer:

will you tell me where in the 2003 expedition is the memory seat module?

John Mc :

The drivers seat module is located under the drivers seat.

John Mc :

This is the module that controls the mirrors and the seat memory.

Customer: you didnt help me fix the problem but you told me where the module is so accept