Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities

how can you tell if a valve body is going bad on a ford aod

Customer Question

how can you tell if a valve body is going bad on a ford aod tranny and how hard is it to replace or how do you replace it. my truck is slipping in overdrive and shift kinda hard but if its in drive it works fine just kinda hard and seems kinda late shifting
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 5 years ago.
You need to take your vehicle to a reputable transmission repair facility and have them remove the valve body and inspect it, if all is good with the valve body, testing of the shift solenoids is in order. If I have helped you kindly click Accept so I can get credit for my expertise and time, Thanks.