John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

Ford Escape anti theft light is flashing and i cant start

Customer Question

anti theft light is flashing and i can't start my car
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Mc replied 6 years ago.

John Mc :

Hi, I am John Mc, a Ford dealer tech. I hope I can help you quickly and accurately. One moment while I work on your problem.

John Mc :

Have you tried using your second key?

John Mc :

If you have and it still will not start you may have an issue with your anti theft system. This is not a very common problem on your year vehicle but if you have under 36000 miles this should be a warranty covered repair. If not there are only a few possibilities and it should not be too expensive. Unfortunately you need specialized equipment to do this work and only dealers have this type of equipment. You will need to have the truck towed to the dealer. Sorry for the bad news.

If this answer has been helpful to you please help me by accepting. This is how I receive credit for helping you today!

Also if you need further assistance for this problem after accepting feel free to ask a
follow up and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks,
John Mc