Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
8633277

1996 ford ranger: change front bearing..4x4..eng

Customer Question

how to change front bearing for 1996 ford ranger auto,4x4 3.0 eng. and what tools do I need
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

The other Experts and I are working on your answer.

By the way, it would help us to know:

-Why is the bearing being replaced?

-What else have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. Below are the instructions in pdf format on how to replace the front wheel bearings (just click on the link below).

CLICK HERE FOR FRONT WHEEL BEARING REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS

Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer

If you have any more questions let me know, otherwise Please don't forget to click on the ACCEPT button, so that i may get credit for my work, thanks.

Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The tool needed to remove the large nut can be purchased at most major auto parts stores like Auto Zone and NAPA for example.

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

never give me what size of tool do I looking for.

Angel

Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
All you have to do is explain to the parts guy what vehicle you are working on they will have the vehicle specific socket available.
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
There is no specific size only the option of what vehicle you are working on (see diagram below) the tools below are available at Auto Zone

graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I already did it took me a quarter bit longer
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
Does that help you more?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how long the bearings should last my truck only had 36000 miles
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. That is very low mileage, you should at least expect to get around 50-60,000 miles at least.

Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
You also have to consider the age of the vehicle as well, 14 years is a long time.
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
Hi Angel,

Please understand I sent you all the available info on this subject, and there was no response from you until today, in every answer, i say if you need more help let me know.
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer

Please understand that I need the input from you in order to help, without it I have no idea what else you may need.

Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I already paid the $15.00 for this service to another expert
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
The question is still open. I have sent the information you have requested and have answered your question.

Edited by Shawn on 11/19/2010 at 9:57 PM EST