Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  35 years ASE Master Tech, Diagnostic , Electrical Specialist
13677702

1995 Ford Ranger: started going..controls..I disable the alarm

M5 1995 Ford Ranger alarm just started going off for no reason. I have not used the alarm in over 10 years and do not even have the remote controls any more. How can I disable the alarm and start my truck?
Hello, Unhooking alarms are not just quick and simple. I need to review some diagrams and see if I can help. It is a factory alarm? what size engine?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is factory system for sure. Engine is 3.0L V6
Should have asked. What is triggered, wont crank? or cranks but will not start? lastly, is it an automatic?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It will not crank and it looks like it is still set since I bump it and it wants to go off.
Truck is a standard not automatic. Red alarm light it blinking. I basically need to disable it..!
Ok, unsure till I look at diagrams. Again, it is not designed to be simple but let me see what we can do. I will get back to you as quick as i can
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok thank you
Up under the dash near the center is a relay box with several relays. It is called relay box #1. See pic. I need you to locate that relay box and then lmk when you are looking at it or found. This is the best pic there is for location. Look at bottom of pic for description of relay box #1, LMK

graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I got it .. i opened the box...
ok, bear with me. In the meantime, you will need to get a short piece of wire to use as a umper wire after we remove a relay. I just need to see what terminals we are jumping etc. I will get back shortly.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I got the wire, whenever you are ready
In the pic below, you will see the picture of relay box#1 on top left. You will then see the relay marked "starter interupt relay". I need you to pull that relay out. use a jumper wire from terminals 1 and 3 shown in the picture. If all is well, the starter should crank,. A permant fix would be to unbolt relay box, turn it over and locate the RED/lt blue wire and the PINK wire going to that relay from behind box. Cut and splice those 2 wires together. This will bypass the theft preventing starter from working. Now.. as far as maybe horn blowing etc,, this is a whole other issue with antitheft control module etc and is more complicated. I am working to bypass the starter inerupt right now to get you started

I

graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I does not seem to work... I am assuming there should be no electric shift relay since this is a standard not automatic? just making sure I have the right relay.. hard to see down there.
no way for me to tell. The diagram shows it to be the top left? this will 100% bypass the antitheft but what else after that I am unsure. Power goes through that relay, through clutch switch off to starter. here is diagram. very simple circuit. You would relace the auto trans position switch with clutch switch. its a matter of jumping that relay and you have to have power then to starter provided clutch switch is ok.You may? have to get behind relay box as i described earlier and tie the 2 wires together. the relay is being shown as top left in the relay box.

graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Actually there are only three relays there, the fourth is missing and I think it is the one you want me to jump... does this mean it is not a factory alarm? I
It may not be. If you have a testlight, unplug the clutch switch and probe each terminal while trying to crank. See if you have 12 volts on one of them
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The open slots I can tell do not have contacts/connections.. so I do not think they were every meant to have relays..
where is the red light on the dash?is it a small light mounted in the dash somewhere?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes... it is to the left of the stearng whell...
Factory antitheft has a light in the cluster not on dash. This really changes things as i do not know what system is installed. The diag you have to do from here. I can only give you the info to try and find the bypass
You now have to find the RED/ Lt blue wire leaving ignition switch. I suspect it goes to some sort of aftermarket module. You then have to find the OTHER red/light blue wire going to clutch switch. You need to tie the 2 wires together bypassing the aftermarket module. I have no idea where its mounted but usually up under left side of dash somewhere. The objective here is to be sure you have the red/light blue wire form ignition switch going directly to clutch switch. This is the best i have to offer. Here is the new diagram. look on right for NO ANTITHEFT. the red/light blue leave switch, go through the fuse then off to clutch switch.

graphic