This is a big job the manual calls for 9 hours, below is the process to remove the oil pan and the oil pump
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Disconnect air cleaner outlet tube at throttle
body. Remove oil dipstick. Remove engine mount retaining nuts.
2. On A/T models, disconnect oil cooler lines at radiator. Drain cooling system and
remove radiator and shroud.
3. On all models, raise and support vehicle. Drain engine oil. Disconnect wiring and
remove starter. Disconnect exhaust manifold tube at inlet pipe bracket of
Thermactor check valve.
4. Disconnect catalytic converter at inlet pipe. Remove transmission mount-to cross member
5. On A/T models, disconnect oil cooler lines at transmission. Remove front
6. On M/T models, disconnect right front shock absorber lower mount bolt. On all
models, raise engine approximately 2 1/2" and support in this position. On A/T
models, raise transmission slightly.
7. On all models, remove oil pan bolts. Remove oil level sensor assembly from oil
pan. Remove oil pump, pick-up tube and oil pump drive. Remove oil pan out the
front on A/T models or out the rear on M/T models.