Master Tech Lee
Master Tech Lee, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  36 years Ford Certified Diagnostic RepairTechnician

Ford Mondeo Dashboard problems 2002 tdci

I have a 2002 2.0 tdci 130 mondeo - for a while sometimes the speedo, tacho and lcd readouts would work on initial key turn but not work after starting the engine this would then be remedied if the car was driven a short distance and then restarted. A couple of days ago I turned the engine off after a journey and when I tried to restart a couple of minutes later the dashboard went crazy with clicking noises from the glovebox area but no turning of the starter motor. Is this terminal or is it connection problems?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Master Tech Lee replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JA,

Check all connections at battery. Clean terminals and battery ends with battery wire brush tool. And from there let me know how it works. Next, you will need a multimeter. So make sure you get a multimeter for next test, Leon

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the response, Leon.

I'll try that tomorrow and let you know if helps.

Expert:  replied 5 years ago.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It didn't have any effect. After doing it I put on my trickle charger for an hour and then took all the relays and fuses out, cleaned the contacts and sprayed with WD40. This seems to have had the desired result. Thanks.