Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

1997 Ford Ranger: its dash lights, parking lights..Brakes..relay

My 1997 Ford Ranger p/u has lost it's dash lights, parking lights, rear taillights, (Brakes & Turn are working fine). Since there is no fuse protected circuit for these I assume that they are protected by a relay, which I think may be a parking light relay. Where heck did they hid the relay? It's not in the big circuit box under the hood! Help!!!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

You need to remove the headlamp switch shown below

Next you need to check for power input on the red/yellow and dark blue/orange and tan/white wires with the vehicle running. Then you need to command the headlights on and see if light blue/red and brown and white/black wire has power.

Below are the diagrams for the instrument cluster lights and the exterior lights and the running lamp relay in box 1 under the dash.