Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas

I am replacing the solenoid in my 95 F150, is there any diagram

I am replacing the solenoid in my 95 F150, is there any diagram (I should have taken a picture) that shows the proper wiring configuration?_
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 3 years ago.

Hi Customer.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

By the way, it would help us to know:

-What solenoid are you replacing?

-What type of engine is in your Ford?

-What else have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

By the way, it would help us to know:

-What solenoid are you replacing? the original that was in my 1995 F-150. I'm using new starter solenoid (car quest part: ecc 25-1522)

-What type of engine is in your Ford? V-8 1/2 ton pu 4wd 5.0

-What else have you already tried? good battery, clean connections. I just need to know the connection configuration because my kid started talking to me in the middle of the disassemble and I have one wire I'm not 100% positive to which terminal it goes to.
Expert:  Shawn replied 3 years ago.
Hi Customer.

Thank you for the reply, if you need I can send replacement instructions with diagram.

Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
were you sending the diagram to my email address?? I don't see anything
Expert:  Shawn replied 3 years ago.

Hi Customer.

Thank you for the ACCEPT!

Below are the replacement instructions.

Starter Solenoid Relay

Removal and Installation

1. Disconnect both battery cables.
  2. Unplug ignition switch start terminal wire (32 R/LB) from top terminal of starter motor solenoid relay switch (11450).
  3. Remove cap from rear terminal of starter motor solenoid relay switch.
  4. Remove nut and wires from rear terminal of starter motor solenoid relay switch.
  5. Remove nut and relay-to-solenoid wire from front terminal.
  6. Remove two screws and starter motor solenoid relay switch.
  7. To install, reverse removal procedure. Tighten relay mounting screws to 7-9 Nm (62-80 lb-in). Tighten terminal nuts to 6-10 Nm (53-89 lb-in).

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here