Steve
Steve, Ford Technician
Experience:  25 years working for Ford dealer. Ford Master tech.
43460220

2000 Ford Focus: Dashboard light is

Dashboard light is on in 2000 Ford Focus, resembles a submarine. What does this mean?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Steve :

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question

Steve :

hi

Customer :

Need to know what this light means.

Steve :

Ill send you a pics with the lights let me know which one it is

Customer :

ok

Steve :
Item Part Number Description
1Powertrain warning lamp
2Air bag warning indicator
3Deactivated air bag warning indicator
4Door ajar indicator
5Turn signal indicator
6High beam indicator
7Turn signal indicator
8Safety belt indicator
9Charge warning indicator
10Oil pressure warning indicator
11Low fuel indicator
12Parking brake/brake warning indicator
13Fuel gauge
14Anti-lock brake system (ABS) warning indicator
15Speedometer
16Odometer
17Overdrive indicator
18Gearshift indicator
19Speed control indicator
20Tachometer
21Temperature gauge
22Malfunction indicator lamp (MIL)

Steve :

can you see the numbers and the description?

Steve :

are you there?

Steve :

let me know the number on the pics

Customer :

no, it kinda shows a propeller or fan at the left of the object and billows out at top and bottom and has what looks like a cap on top, with bottom & top tapering sharply up on the right side, but then like a thin, flat, back; which is about as tall as the object at the most ballooned part.

Steve :

which number is XXXXX on the pics?

Customer :

there is no number or name on the pic, just the pic.

Steve :

look at the picture I just sent you the lights have number by them which one is it in the pics I sent you

Steve :

sounds like the low oil pressure light

Customer :

This is a 2000 Ford Focus SE and it is the 1st light in the cluster of lights at the left.

Steve :

the left as I look at the pics at the top or bottom

Steve :

sounds like the check engine light

Steve :

is it yellow

Customer :

It is yellowish-orange.

Steve :

Need to get the computer checked for codes

Customer :

There is a cluster of lights in a triangle there and it is the 1st light at the left of the triangle and is the one below the airbag light.

Steve :

one below the air bag light is the power train warning lamp

Customer :

What does that mean I should do - and is it ok to drive it to a repair place?

Steve :

looks like a exclamation

Steve :

I would drive it to a repair place it is safe to drive a short distance and get the computer checked for codes

Customer :

THAT one, (the exclamation), came on for a minute then went off - THIS one came on and is a constant ON.

Steve :

ok sounds like the check engine light probably has a transmission code

Customer :

This is Sunday, I need to get to church again tonight, is ok to drive it and wait until Mon. aM?

Steve :

Need to get the codes checked and repaired

Steve :

It is safe to drive as long as it is not overheating

Steve :

Yes it will be ok

Customer :

As I said, this is Sunday - nothing open. It is NOT overheating

Steve :

You would not even know you had a problem unless the light cane on

Steve :

it you will be good until Monday

Customer :

I DID notice that my speedometer wasn't even registering that the car was even moving!

Steve :

Sounds like the speed sensor went bad

Steve :

It is safe to drive you will be ok

Customer :

Would that make this light come on?

Steve :

Yes it would

Customer :

I remember that, just before I got home, that was a kind of "jump" in the, maybe gear, and the speedometer began to register the speed.

Customer :

The car never ran hot.

Steve :

You will be ok

Steve :

to drive the car for today

Customer :

Just drive it to church tonight and take the car in tomorrow - that's ok?

Steve :

Get it checked out as soon as possible

Steve :

yes that wwill be ok

Steve :

will

Customer :

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a nice day!!

Steve :

your welcome

Steve :

you too

Steve, Ford Technician
Experience: 25 years working for Ford dealer. Ford Master tech.