Ford snr master
Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure

The windshield washer sprayer does not work on the drivers

The windshield washer sprayer does not work on the drivers side. It works fine on the passenger side. I just bough the truck, a 2005 F150, noticed this problem while test driving it. They fixed it and it was fine for about 2 weeks now but has not quit spraying again.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ford snr master replied 3 years ago.

first you should check if the washer isn't spraying at all, or if it has low pressure/dribbling when operated. If there is nothing at all coming out then you likely have a loose hose that has come popped off the washer jet, usually caused by not enough slack in the hose under the cowl panels,or it has become pulled off by the misrouting and hitting the wiper linkage. Below i have posted the procedure to remove the cowl panel to inspect the hose. IF it is still secured to the jet then you have a plugged jet, and can either try blowing it out from both ways to free the blockage, or you can replace it.

Please click the green 'ACCEPT' button if you are satisfied to allow me to recieve credit for my work ,if you believe i may have saved you significant cost, Bonusses are always greatly appreciated. I take pride in earning positive feedback, please take a few minutes to show appreciation

Wiper and Washer System - Exploded View

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

ItemPart NumberDescription
117526 RH/ 17527 LHWiper arms
2-Pin-type fastener
302223Left cowl grille panel
417K605Windshield washer hose
5-Cowl panel grille screw
6-Pin-type fastener
702222Right cowl grille panel
817K605Windshield washer hose
912A581Windshield wiper motor electrical connector
10N807391Windshield wiper assembly bolt (3 required)
1117500Windshield wiper assembly

1. Remove the wiper pivot arm.
    1. Pull up on the pivot arm.
    1. Pull out on the retaining tab and remove the pivot arm.
  1. Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

2. NOTE: The windshield wiper motor must be cycled to make sure that it is in the park position. If necessary, adjust the wiper pivot arms.

3.  

1. Remove the left cowl panel grille pin-type retainer.
    1. CAUTION: To avoid breaking the retaining hooks on the cowl grille panel, do not pull up on the rear of the cowl grille panel.

Release the front edge of the left cowl grille panel.
      • Starting at the center of the vehicle, depress the forward tab and press upward on the front edge of the cowl grille panel to release it from the cowl.
      • Continuing out from the center of the vehicle, depress the remaining forward tabs and release the rest of the front edge of the cowl grille panel from the cowl.

Register Here
    2. Release the 4 retaining hooks.
      • Starting at the left fender, press down to release the outer retaining hook, then lightly pull up on the front edge of the cowl grille panel.
      • Continuing toward the center of the vehicle, release the remaining hooks.

Register Here
    2. Disconnect the windshield washer hose.
    1. Remove the left cowl grille panel.
    1. Remove the cowl panel grille screw from the right cowl panel grille.
    1. Remove the right cowl panel grille pin-type retainer.

Release the front edge of the right cowl grille panel.

Register Here
    2. Release the 4 retaining hooks.
      • Starting at the right fender, press down to release the outer retaining hook, then lightly pull up on the front edge of the cowl grille panel.

Register Here
    1. Remove the right cowl grille panel.
Experience: 14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure