SMTBob
SMTBob, Senior Master Ford Technician
Experience:  30 years experience,Ford factory trained automotive and diesel technician,ASE and Ford Certified
48522044

My 99 ford f350 7.3L diesel truck idles great but lacks power

My 99 ford f350 7.3L diesel truck idles great but lacks power when i punch it it reves up high but just doesn't move like it should it shifts at about 1800 rpm for the first 3 gears and then 4th it will hit 2400 rpm if u keep your foot in it before i could get up and go when i needed too, but for about 2 moths now I've noticed it doesn't blow smoke at all even when u romp on it and also lacks a lot of power any ideas i could try to get it running up to par again?
Chat Conversation Started
SMTBob :

I am here to help.The first thing you need to do is check your air filter.Then there are some things to check on this performance diag sheet that will help you find out what is wrong.You may need some help with an experienced Ford diesel mechanic with some of this but here it is and I hope it helps.SMTBob

Full Size Image