Ford snr master
Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  14 years at same Ford dealer,senior master and ASE master certified,hybrid certified,SYNC certified,10 year master's tenure

2002 Lincoln Town Car: keyless entry..its the Driver Door Module

2002 Lincoln Town Car The keyless entry and trunk release has stopped working. I suspect it's the Driver Door Module. Should I try to get the old one re-programmed, or should I just get a new one? Would it be worth the effort to try a used one, or is this looking for more trouble?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ford snr master replied 6 years ago.
i would highly suggest staying away from a used one as you will have no idea the condition of the used module, and a new module would be the decision of choice. One thing u can attempt,which has been successfull for me in the past, unplug the DDM and leave it unplugged for a few hours to reset and plug it back in to see if resetting the module resolves the concern. Sometimes the modules logic gets corrupted and by resetting the modules it resolves the issue. If resetting the module does not resolve your concern i would suggest installing a new module. Reprogramming will not be beneficial in this case
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do I need to have the igntion on or off during resetting?
it does not make a difference, but i would suggest with the power off. That is the procedure i always follow as to prevent voltage from spiking when the module is unplugged
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you so much. Just a couple more...Is it possible to disconecct the module under hood or dash, or do I have to remove the door panel? And could you give me the part number for the door module? The VIN Number is: 1LNHM81W62Y650153 Thanks again....
the only way to properly reset the module is to remove all power and ground from it and that would involve removing the door panel to access and unplug each connecter to it. please allow me a few minutes to aquire the part number for you ,as i will need to run the vin number through Ford's database and then consult my parts department. i will post the reply shortly, probably will take about 5 minutes
the part number for the DDM is 1W1Z-15604-AA and the cost in my geographic region in MI is $273.07. Part costs may vary by location based on shipping and transport costs