CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified
9926638

My 2006 F150 5.4 L will not start- no fuel pressure (checked

My 2006 F150 5.4 L will not start- no fuel pressure (checked at the fuel pressure sensor)- I have checked the fuses, relays, and kill switch (Inertia switch) and all check good. I need wiring or pinout of the Fuel Pump Control Module to see if its the module or fuel pump.
Category: Ford
Expert:  CTFordTech replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
CTFordTech :

Hello and Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your question today.

CTFordTech :

There is a red theft light on the dash, When you try and start the vehicle what does the light do?

CTFordTech :

Does it sty on, go out or blink rapidlly?

JACUSTOMER-6wxi9lx7- :

The theft light is blinking normally ( 1 per 2 seconds)- I have tried the disconnect battery for half hour to reset the computer.

CTFordTech :

Just to be sire we are on the same page, When you have the key in the start position, Does it still blink normal?

JACUSTOMER-6wxi9lx7- :

When the key is in the start position the light goes out.

CTFordTech :

Ok, That is what I needed to know. Sometimes the vehicle goes into theft mode causing the fuel pump not to come on and it not to start. In your case this not your problem. There should be power at the pink and black wire and ground at the brown and white wire on the fuel pump. If there is no power, I suspect a bad Fuel driver module.

JACUSTOMER-6wxi9lx7- :

I have looked at the wiring under the truck and I can't see how to check at the fuel pump with out dropping the tank- can I check at the driver module to see if it's getting a signal?

CTFordTech :

Ok, you can still check teh sam wires at the module.