J EARL
J EARL, Ford Technician
Experience:  17 YEARS OF FORD DEALERSHIP SERVICE FORD SENIOR MASTER ASE L1 DRIVABILTY TECH
45160428

How can I disable the anti-theft function on my 1999 Ford Taurus

Customer Question

How can I disable the anti-theft function on my 1999 Ford Taurus? I think that both of my keys have become faulty and the car won't start. The ford dealer who can make a new key for me is 36 miles away and they say they can't make a new key unless the car is brought there. Towing the car would be too expensive.
Category: Ford
Expert:  J EARL replied 6 years ago.

HI MY NAME ISXXXXX TRY TO HELP YOU, THERE IS NO WAY TO DISABLE THE ANTI THEFT SYSTEM ITS INTERGATED INTO THE CARS COMPUTER YOU CAN TRY DISSCONNECTION THE CARS BATTERY AND LET IT SIT FOR FIVE MIN TO SEE IF IT WILL RESTART BUT OTHER THAN THAT IT WILL HAVE TO BE TOWED TO THE DEALER FOR PROGRAMING SORRY HOPE THIS HELPS YOU JEFF