CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified
9926638

Exclamation point..Owners manuals says transaxle problem

The car is smoking and an exclamation point shows up on the dash. Owners manuals says "transaxle problem". What does that mean?
Category: Ford
Expert:  CTFordTech replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
CTFordTech :

Hello and Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your question today. Yes this does mean there is a fault with the transaxle system and if it is smoking I highly recommend not to drive the vehicle. What would need to be done though is a code reader needs to be plugged into the car and retrieve the trouble codes to tell you why exactly the transaxle light is on.

JACUSTOMER-t2kxudnt- :

What is a transaxle system?

CTFordTech :

The Automatic Transmission

JACUSTOMER-t2kxudnt- :

So this is a big deal then - just asking because this is my daughters car at college and I'm trying to help her long distance.