Chuck
Chuck, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  33 Years Experience,Ford Senior Master,ASE Master,L1 Advanced Engine Performance

2002 Ford Expedition: replace my signal flasher relay

Customer Question

i have replace my signal flasher relay on my 2002 Ford Expedition but my signal flasher on my expedition still do not work. what do i need to do now.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chuck replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Chuck :

Do the 4 way flashers work?

Chuck :

Does the turn signal bulbs and are indicator light up when turned on?

Customer :

yes

Customer :

everything work but the turn signer

Chuck :

So the indicators will light up in the dash but they just do not flash?

Customer :

the indicator in dash is out

Customer :

it only work for the 4 way only

Chuck :

Have you checked fuse no.23 in the under dash fuse panel? Do you have power on the white/light blue wire at the flasher relay?

Customer :

yes i did,

Chuck :

What are you using to check with a test light or voltmeter?

Customer :

all the lights work but the turn signer

Customer :

voltmeter

Chuck :

Hook the red lead your meter to a power source and the ground lead to the black wire on the flasher and see if you read 12V.

Chuck :

This will check to make sure the flasher ground is ok

Customer :

ok i have to get back with you

Chuck :

Also see if you are getting power from the light blue wire at the flasher with the turn signal turn on

Customer :

ok will do

Chuck :

If all of this is good you will need to test the multi function switch

Chuck :

To test it you will disconnect the switch then hook your ohm meter across the terminals where the terminal no. 1 where the light blue wire is and pin 8 where the light green and white wire is. Then turn on the left turn signal and you should have continuity

Chuck :

Then repeat this from pin 1 and pin 5 where the white and light blue wire is and turn the turn signal to the right and you should have continuity

Chuck :

I would put you a pic of this but the site is not letting me upload any pics all day long for some reason

Chuck :

If you do not have continuity on thes test your multi-function switch is bad

Chuck :

If all of these check good then answer back to this question and I will be right back with you shortly