Lurch
Lurch, Ford Cert.
Experience:  Ford Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

2000 mustang: factory alarm..the car used with no key fob..ground wire

Customer Question

2000 mustang factory alarm problem. Bought the car used with no key fob, but two coded keys. I had a bad ground connection for the system near the battery and replaced the ground wire. Now the dash light blinks theft and has cut off the fuel supply. All suggestions of unlocking the door lock and trunck lock with the key has not helped. a Ford dealer told me to disconnect the battery for an hour to clear the codes. That didn't work. I brought in a car locksmith who hooked into the computer cleared the old key codes and recoded the computer and the keys, but I still have the theft light blinking when you try to start the car. Any help or suggestions would be greatly apreciated. Thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Lurch replied 6 years ago.

>>I brought in a car locksmith who hooked into the computer cleared the old key codes and recoded the computer and the keys, but I still have the theft light blinking when you try to start the car. <<

He should have been able to clear, code & "start" vehicle prior to giving you the Keys

If the "THEFT" Light is the only thing flashing (no lights or Horn Honk), then it sounds like you still have an issue with the PATS Unit not recognizing the Key/s

You can try:
Be sure Battery is fully charged
Close Hood, Trunk & all Doors.
Lock Doors at Driver Door Panel switch
Leave vehicle "undisturbed" for apprx 15 minutes
Unlock Dorr with Key
Try Starting

OR
Find the DARK GREEN/PURPLE (-) wire located at the GEM which is is located ABOVE the DRIVERS KICK PANEL.

The wire will be in 20 Pin Plug, Pin 16.
Connect a Grounded wire to the DARK GREEN / PURPLE wire
This will DisArm the Factory Alarm, until the wire is removed

If above does not work, you will need use of Dealer Scan Tool to test the Factory Alarm Unit & PATS Unit

My time & info costs me money
Please accept my answer if it has been helpful.
Regardless of the terms of your Just Answer account, I only get paid for my answer and effort by your accept

Expert:  Lurch replied 6 years ago.

I'm doing a follow up and noticed that you havent replied back or have ACCEPTed the answer to your question yet.
Please reply back if you need additional help or press ACCEPT so that the question may be closed out.
Keep in mind that the experts on this site are compensated for their time spent helping customers once ACCEPT is selected.
Thanks again for using Just Answer..