chris
chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience
9504203

2007 Lincoln Mkz: navigation..power wire..diagram..the ignition switch

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Lincoln Mkz and have a couple questions about installing subwoofers and an ipod adapter behind the navigation unit. First with the subwoofers, where and how do i run the power wire from the battery into the car. And i found the diagram for the remote wire, it says i need access to tap into the white/orange ignition wire at the ignition switch, how do i get to that wire? And i need radio removal instructions to remove the navigation unit, the climate control and the trim pieces to gain access behind the navigation? thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  chris replied 3 years ago.

Hi there

First question , How do I access the ignition switch to tap into a wire to it ?

Take a look at the pic below

graphic

the lower panel on the dash under the steering column is held in place with clips ,, pop this panel off #4

then you can remove the three screws from the bottom steering column bezel #2,, and then pop off the upper and lower steering column bezels #1 and #2 ,,, then you have access to the ignition switch #6

Second question , How to remove the radio ?

take a look at the pics below

graphic

the bezel around the shifter in the console has to be removed , its held in place by clips, start at the rear and work your way back with a flat bladed screw drivers and pry the panel up and out

graphic

now open the ash tray and remove the ash tray cup to expose a screw and remove the screw and then pry the a/c control panel bezel away from the dash and remove it

graphic

then open the top two a/c vents and pull them out ,, they will pop out ,, then release the tabs on each a/c vent retainer and pull the retainers out to expose two screws behind them ,, remove the two bolts on the bottom of the bezel and then the bezel with the radio will come out

any more info on this , just ask , we can go back and forth on this page

Chris

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX forgot First with the subwoofers, where is an opening so i can run the power wire from the battery into the car? and in the second diagram i have to remove the part with the cupholders #2 also right? and do i just pop that out with my hands? thanks
Expert:  chris replied 3 years ago.

Running the wire from the battery to the amp ,,, first you have to open the hood and take a look at the fire wall, look for rubber boots that wireing harness may go through the fire wall, or rubber plugs in the fire wall,, this will be spots to run a power wire through,, if no access holes are found on the left or right side fire walls then you will have to drill your own hole in the fire wall and add a rubber grommet to it so the wire does not short out ..

graphic

in the pic above ,, #1 can be removed first with a flat bladed screw driver ,,, then open the console lid and start at the rear of #2 and pry the bezel up

Chris

Expert:  chris replied 3 years ago.

do you need any more info ???

Chris