Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Ford.
2499435

99 ford taurus wont go in any forward gear. will go in reverse

Customer Question

99 ford taurus won't go in any forward gear. will go in reverse but nothing else .driving fine,butparked it for one hour'and put it in gear to leave'and it's like it's in neutral.No grinding just neutral. Linkage is ok
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 4 years ago.
You will most likely have to tow your car to the nearest transmission repair facility and have the transmission overhauled. If your fluid level is correct.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there was no sign of any trouble driving it up to that point..Why or better yet what would go out with no warning.& whywill it go in reverse.aren't there electrical components that go into the mix.?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
that is not an explanation. ......my daughter could have come up with that
I'm sorry you feel that way, But without disassembly of the transmission you will not be able to answer your question. I only get paid if you are so kind as to press accept and realize that you are asking a question that can not be answered without mechanical disassembly of your transmission. I have given you my expert opinion with what you gave me to work with. You are not going to be able to repair your transmission on the internet.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'll pay the bucks but the answer was poor. You could have said there are different answers .;TAURUS transmissions are notorious for the solenoid or the transaxle gearing going bad;or even explain that it is most likely from the history of Taurus' that it is serious a mechanical problem.......take it to the shop is not an expert opinion nor is it worth 23 bucks.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Different expert here, I am sorry to say but this is not an electrical issue. The transaxle is designed to still operate semi functional even in the event the solenoid wire harness has come loose or disconnected. For your concern it is going to be a internal concern and without seeing it, its tough to pinpoint but most likely its the forward clutch seals which have failed. If you do a little more searching, you will find there is more problems with this transaxle than just the solenoids. Download this ford file to see there are no electrical symptoms which can cause this, that file is HERE
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I already accepted the answer from the last guy Chris & confirmed it. I'm not paying twice for the answer.

You have not accepted anyones answer, see the below image.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

The previous expert opted out because they were unable to provide you with an answer. The only way to accept is to hit the accept button or reply and say I accept (experts name) answer. Hope all goes well with your taurus.

Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience: 16 years experience with Ford.