Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2007 Ford Taurus: at previous oil changes

I have a 2007 Ford Taurus V-6. I want to change the oil myself. I don't know what kind of oil the dealer has been putting in it at previous oil changes. Should I use synthetic motor oil for a 2007 Taurus, or does it depend on what the dealer has been using for the past three years, or doesn't it matter whether I use synthetic or regular oil?
Chat Conversation Started
Ron :

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

If you are not paying extra for the oil change then its not likely they are installing synthetic as it does cost more. You are just fine to change over to it if you so choose. Eaither way regular oil is fine or you can change over. The Synthetic is good for at least 7000 miles and regular oil should be changed around 3000 miles.