John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

2006 ford taurus SEL: squeaking noise..area by the throttle body..belt

I have a 2006 ford taurus SEL and I have a load squeaking noise from the area by the throttle body. It sound almost like a belt noise. I did replace the idle intake valve and noise is still there. Thje serpentine belt and tensioner had been relaced recently.
Chat Conversation Started
John Mc :

Hi, I am John Mc, a Ford dealer tech. I hope I can help you quickly and accurately. One moment while I work on your problem.

John Mc :

This is a very common issue on these cars. It is caused by the camshaft sensor syncronizer. If you look directly down from the throttle body you will see the cam sensor on top of what looks like the bottom half of a distributor. This is the part that is making the noise. Replace that and it should solve your problem. As I said, very common.

John Mc :

If this answer has been helpful to you please help me by accepting. This is how I receive credit for my efforts in helping you!

Thanks,

John Mc

If you still have follow ups please ask and I will be glad to assist.

Customer :

Is this located under the where the idle air intake is? Thanks, Rob

John Mc :

This is actually attached to the top of the engine block. If you see where the accellerator cable is it is about 3 inches straight down.

John Mc :

If I have been helpful please accept, this is how I receive credit for helping you today.

Customer :

I am soory I did not locate. this is laocated with two pin connector right beside the what appears to be vaccuum line.

John Mc :

It is straight down from the cables. You will see the spark plug wires and another wire harness. It will be directly under that.

Customer :

Thanks, Rob

Sorry if I wasn't clear. You need to replace the syncronizer under the sensor. This is what makes the noise.