Tim
Tim, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master tech, ASE certified
9591582

2004 ford: sudden drivers door..passanger..warning lights keep..mirror

2004 ford taurus

All of sudden drivers door ajar-Passanger door ajar-deck lid open-rear doors ajar-warning lights keep illiminating. Courtesy lights and mirror lights wont go off

Tried
lubricated door latch mechanisms
Removed battery positive for some time

No change
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Tim :

If you have lubed all the latches than the next step is to either have the module checked to see which door is causing the light to stay on or to remove each door panel and unplug the door ajar switches one at a time till you find the problem. Normally it is a front door but all doors can cause the issue.

Customer :

Tim

Tim :

yes

Customer :

Tim why does every door and lid sensor go off if only one is not working properly

Tim :

that could be the module itself.I would have it tested for trouble codes to help you to keep from replaing good parts.If there is a fault than the code can lead you in the direction and we can pinpoint the root cause

Customer :

the only door opened before the problem started was the drivers door. I tried to read it with my scanner but it wouldn't read it for some reason. I guess I will have to take it to advanced auto and try to have them scan

Tim :

They can usually only scan the main computer. You need the GEM module scanned. This is usually only done with either a dealers scan tool or a high level snap-on scanner

Customer :

Oh your right! Where is the GEM Modual located?

Tim :

It is intergrated into the interior fuse panel and now called the Smart Junction Box

Customer :

Approx what is the cost of a GEM modual if its bad

Tim :

$200 - $300 and needs to be programmed to your vechile.

Customer :

OK thanks for the help

Tim :

your welcome

Tim, Ford Technician
Experience: Ford Senior Master tech, ASE certified