George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years

2003 Ford Crown Victoria: cool air..vents..dash battery

The A/C fan in my 2003 Ford Crown Victoria has stopped operating. I can a little cool air coming out of the vents, but the fan is not working. Is there a panel under the dash board where it might need a new battery or component? Or if not, what would the problem be?

Hello I will help you with your question,

If you have automatic controls (set the temperature and the controls do the rest) you have a blower speed controller that may have failed. If you have the individual fan switch there is a bolwer resistor that may have failed.

In either case there is a blower relay, fuse and the blower motor itself that may be the problem. No battery to replace.

If you have a test light and will tell me which type of system you have I can help you test to find the faulty component

Let me know what I can do to help you with this

Thank you