Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
8633277

Im looking for the vacuum hose diagram for a 2000 Ford Taurus

Customer Question

I'm looking for the vacuum hose diagram for a 2000 Ford Taurus Flex Fuel vehicle.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
Hi Customer,

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. There really aren't any vacuum diagrams available for this vehicle, what is it that you are repairing.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
After doing some research, I'm pretty sure I have a vacuum leak (check engine light on/ sometimes flashing, rough idle/sputtering). I had it repaired before and the check engine light was gone for about 2 days and came back. I'm thinking the hoses are just old and need to be replaced. I was looking for a diagram so that I can identify them and do them myself.
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
Hi Customer.

Thank you for the reply, the most common cause of the problem you are having is a broken or damged PCV tube located under the throttle body of the uypper intake manifold, while the engine is running in park try spraying carb spray around and wherever the idle chanbges in speed there is the leak, I am sending you information on the upper intake manifold that should help you out.

I Need the 8th digit of the VIN.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
8th digit is 2.
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
Hi Customer.

Thank you for the reply, here is the information, it will show all the vacuum connections on the upper intake manifold.

CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION

Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
Hi Customer.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

By the way, it would help to know:

-DO YOU NEED MORE HELP?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm at work right now. I'll need to try what you suggested when I can and get back to you.
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
Ok let me know.
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
Do you need more help?