Bamaman39
Bamaman39, Ford Technician
Experience:  10 years ford experience, Ford Senior Master Diesel And Gasoline Tech

I have a 2004 ford f350 that wont start. what is the problem,

I have a 2004 ford f350 that won't start. what is the problem, where should i start?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Bamaman39 :

Thank you for using just answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will assist you today.

Bamaman39 :

Do you have a scan tool?

Customer :

no

Bamaman39 :

ok

Bamaman39 :

WHen you turn the key on do you hear the fuel pump running under the drivers door?

Bamaman39 :

Also when you turn the key on do you hear a clicking sound under the hood?

Customer :

i just replaced the fuel pump two months ago and i do hear the clicking.

Customer :

i have also replaced the oil cooler,egr cooler and the senser on the high pressure oil pump and the high pressure pump

Bamaman39 :

What happened did it didnt start in the morning or after driving? Have you tried it again this morning

Customer :

it ran fined last night but wouldn't start this morning

Bamaman39 :

Is the icp on the valve cover or under the turbo? They changed in 04

Customer :

under the turbo. i just replaced it a few months ago

Bamaman39 :

did you replace the ipr as well?

Customer :

what and where is the ipr?

Bamaman39 :

The ipr is under the turbo as well. Its a regulator

Customer :

i just changed the senser that screws into the top of the pump houseing. the icp is on the right side valve cover

Bamaman39 :

the only thing left in the high pressure system is the hight pressure pump and injectors. They might be leaking. To be honest the next step requires a scan tool that can check icp pressure. We need to know if you are getting enough oil pressure. You need 500 min to start truck.

Customer :

what if it is getting enough oil pressure what else could it be

Bamaman39 :

Then you are looking at a fuel issue or even a ficm issue. If you have codes for all 8 injectors circuit low then you need a ficm. Make sure your filters are new.

Customer :

ok thank you for your time and advise

Bamaman39 :

No problem good luck

Bamaman39, Ford Technician
Experience: 10 years ford experience, Ford Senior Master Diesel And Gasoline Tech