Don, Ford Senior Master
Experience:  ASE Master certified, Ford Senior Master, 20 year experience

My 1999 F150 rear extended cab doors are stuck closed on both

My 1999 F150 rear extended cab doors are stuck closed on both sides, and I can't get them open. Is there a child lock feature or something?
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX to make sure you mean the 2 half doors that open backwards from the front right. not 2 full size doors.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, the doors that open backwards from the front seem to be locked at the top only, and both door handles (inside in the armrest, and on the front face (between the front & rear doors) do not release the lock. It appears to be loose on the bottom each rear door.

this is a common problem the cables that release the upper and lower latches break. you will need to remove the door panels on the inside of the door to get to the latch. remove the 2 screws from the window latch and the upper panel is just push clips pull the panel out towards you and it will release. the remove the top keepers from the bottom panel and lift the panel up to remove. the latch is right in the middle. 2 cables work the latches. pull the cables to release and open the door. replace the cables and latches to repair.

Edited by Don on 8/16/2010 at 6:57 PM EST