Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.

fuse box on a 2004 F 150 and how do you get to it to check a fuse

Where is the fuse box on a 2004 F 150 and how do you get to it to check a fuse
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Steve W :

Hello my name isXXXXX give me a few minutes and I will see if I can find some information, Thanks

Customer:

thank you

Steve W :

Is this the newer body style f150 or the older style?

Customer:

it is a 2004 which I would say is newer body style

Steve W :

Ok, they have listed for 2004 new body or heritage style, thanks

Customer:

the small manual that came with truck says it is behind an access cover under the drivers side of the instrument panel. the only panel that i can remove that resembles that statement is dirctly underneath the steering column

Steve W :

Try looking under the RH kick panel, here is a picture, hope this helps. PANEL CLICK HERE

Customer:

the rh as in passenger side?

Steve W :

Yes

Customer:

ok hang on

Steve W :

Ok

Customer:

i need to get a flashlight hold on a couple of more minutes please

Steve W :

No problem, sometimes they put these fuse panels in less than accessible places.

Customer:

ok found it and found bad fuse. the direction or compass heading digital display light stopped working. can you tell me what fuse to check for that ?

Steve W :

Ok, let me look

Steve W :

Is this compass display in the rear view mirror?

Customer:

no it is in lower rh side of instrument panel

Steve W :

Ok

Steve W :

Does all other illumination work ok?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

maybe the lamp id bad?

Steve W :

That is what I am thinking..

Customer:

ok i will work on that

Customer:

thank you for your help

Steve W :

I don't believe there would be 1 fuse for compass illumination only...

Customer:

do i push the accept button now?

Steve W :

Steve W :

Anytime you are ready

Customer:

i agree

Customer:

ok thank you

Steve W :

Thank you

Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience: 28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.